31 maj 2014

Reptyle – Night and the river


The German Gothic Rock band Reptyle formed 1998 and now they released their third full length album, Night And The River. Ten songs for about 50 minutes.
I always had a passion for bands from Germany, especially in the 90´s era. I think there is something different in their musical influences, they can do weird stuff with a twist, especially when it comes to music. And Night And The River is a crazy record that takes you for a journey with a musical discovery. I would category this album as a Heavy Progressive Gothic Rock album. Yes, their music is progressive and the songs are not built up in traditional orders. It reminding me of the 80´s when I were much into German Thrash Metal, but this is not Metal, it is Gothic Rock with a twist, and it is fantastic.

Reptyle brings something new to Gothic Rock, a progressive version who might be hard for some folks to take. And there is a punk / hardcore attitude, especially in the vocals. I fell in love with many of their songs at once. However, this album takes or need more than one time to listen to. And it is a grooving album, and those used to stays for a longer time in my speakers.

The track Ways Of Fate is instrumental and more than 6 minutes long. Here they mix a kind of abstract guitar riff together with very melodic line with much atmosphere. It is a very progressive track where Reptyle really show that they also are great musicians.

I think it is a great record. One of the better releases for a long time. Reptyle have brought something specially to the Gothic scene, they got their own style and I hope they keep it into the future too. Some of my favorite songs, Morning Heir, Night And The River, Rose Imperial, Pictures That Stay.

Taken from Dark Reviews


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar